Welcome to my homepage! I am a graduate student in theoretical computer science at the Laboratoire d’informatique de Paris Nord.
This page serves as my vita. You can also download a PDF resume in French.
Contact / personal information
Family name: Nguyễn
Given name: Lê Thành Dũng
Email address: nltd at nguyentito dot eu
- Algorithms, especially:
- Programming contest problems
- Combinatorial optimization and “mathematical programming”
- Complexity theory
- Classical mathematics
- Logic, proof theory and philosophy of mathematics
- …which are closely related to programming language theory and program semantics
I am particularly interested in the possible connections between these topics. I have worked on applications of graph theory to linear logic, and conversely on combinatorics inspired by linear logic. Nowadays I’m starting to look into implicit computational complexity and the complexity of normalization of proofs.
- 2016 — 4-month internship with Christoph Dürr and Nguyễn Kim Thắng on approximation algorithms for variants of the Steiner tree problem
- 2018–ongoing — PhD under the supervision of Stefano Guerrini and Thomas Seiller on combinatorial and complexity-theoretic aspects of linear logic
- Unique perfect matchings and proof nets, Formal Structures in Computation and Deduction 2018 (archived on HAL)
- Coherent interaction graphs: a nondeterministic geometry of interaction for MLL, in preparation
- Around proof nets, unique perfect matchings and edge-colored graphs (except for the FSCD talk, all these contain information not published elsewhere):
- Slides for TLLA’18 talks on other topics (joint work with Thomas Seiller):
- 2016 — Tutorials for the Algorithms course given by Gaël Mahé at Université Paris Descartes for second-year students
- 2017–ongoing — Design and implementation of programming contest exercises for Isograd
- 2010–2012 — Classes préparatoires (MPSI/MP*) in the Lycée Pierre de Fermat, Toulouse
- 2012–2017 — Student in the Computer Science department at École normale supérieure
- 2018–2021 (expected) — PhD student at Université Paris 13 (see above)
- 2010 — Baccalauréat (high school diploma)
- 2013 — Licence in Computer Science — École normale supérieure de Paris / Université Paris Diderot
- 2016 — Master in Operations Research — Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers
- 2017 — Master in Mathematics — ENS Paris-Saclay
Achievements in competitions
- 2012 — Ranked 3rd in the École Normale Supérieure entrance examination.
- 2013 — Winner of Prologin, a French national programming contest.
- 2014 — Ranked 4th in the Google Paris Hash Code contest.
- 2016 — Ranked 27th in ACM-ICPC SWERC (European programming contest).
- 2017 — Ranked 21st in the agrégation de mathématiques.
Involvement in computer science teaching/outreach
- I wrote (together with Jérémy Ledent) some articles for Tangente, a French math magazine for high schoolers, on
- scientific director of the Prologin contest from 2014 to 2016,
- unofficial secretary in 2015 and 2016.
I used to contribute to ENS’s student newspaper.