Welcome to my homepage!
I am a computer science student at École Normale Supérieure, currently studying for the agrégation de mathématiques (a competitive exam).
This page serves as my vita. You can also download a PDF resume in French.
Contact / personal information
Family name: Nguyễn
Given name: Lê Thành Dũng
Email address: nltd at nguyentito dot eu
- Algorithms, especially:
- Programming contest problems
- Combinatorial optimization and “mathematical programming”
- Complexity theory
- Classical mathematics
- Logic, proof theory and philosophy of mathematics
- …which are closely related to programming language theory and program semantics
I hope to see these topics connected someday.
- 2010–2012 — Classes préparatoires (MPSI/MP*) — Lycée Pierre de Fermat, Toulouse
- 2012–2017 (expected) — Student in the Computer Science department at École Normale Supérieure
- 2010 — Baccalauréat S-SVT spécialité Physique-Chimie (high school diploma)
- 2013 — Licence in Computer Science — École Normale Supérieure / Université Paris Diderot
- 2016 — Master in Operations Research — Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers
- 2017 (expected) — Master in Mathematics — ENS Cachan
- 2016 — 4-month internship with Christoph Dürr on approximation algorithms for variants of the Steiner tree problem (my master’s thesis will be made available on this webpage soon)
Achievements in competitions
- 2012 — Ranked 3rd in the École Normale Supérieure entrance examination.
- 2013 — Winner of Prologin, a French national programming contest.
- 2014 — Ranked 4th in the Google Paris Hash Code contest.
- 2016 — Ranked 27th in ACM-ICPC SWERC
Involvement in teaching computer science
- I wrote (together with Jérémy Ledent) some articles for Tangente, a French math magazine for high schoolers, on
- scientific director of the Prologin contest from 2014 to 2016,
- unofficial secretary in 2015 and 2016.
I contribute to ENS’s student newspaper.