Welcome to my homepage!
I am an aspiring mathematician / computer scientist, currently doing an predoctoral internship at the Laboratoire d’informatique de Paris Nord.
This page serves as my vita. You can also download a PDF resume in French.
Contact / personal information
Family name: Nguyễn
Given name: Lê Thành Dũng
Email address: nltd at nguyentito dot eu
- Algorithms, especially:
- Programming contest problems
- Combinatorial optimization and “mathematical programming”
- Complexity theory
- Classical mathematics
- Logic, proof theory and philosophy of mathematics
- …which are closely related to programming language theory and program semantics
I am particularly interested in the possible connections between these topics. My current research is about using tools from graph theory in linear logic.
- 2016 — 4-month internship with Christoph Dürr and Nguyễn Kim Thắng on approximation algorithms for variants of the Steiner tree problem
- 2018 — Predoctoral internship under the supervision of Stefano Guerrini and Thomas Seiller.
Publications and talks
- September 2017 — Talk at Trends in Linear Logic and Applications (abstract, slides).
- April 2018 — Talk at Developments in Implicit Computational Complexity (abstract, slides).
- June 2018 — Talk at the Cologne-Twente Workshop on Graphs and Combinatorial Optimization (abstract)
- July 2018 — Conference paper accepted at Formal Structures in Computation and Deduction (preprint)
- 2016 — Tutorials for the Algorithms course given by Gaël Mahé at Université Paris Descartes for second-year students
- 2017–ongoing — Design and implementation of programming contest exercises for Isograd
- 2010–2012 — Classes préparatoires (MPSI/MP*) — Lycée Pierre de Fermat, Toulouse
- 2012–2017 — Student in the Computer Science department at École normale supérieure
- 2010 — Baccalauréat (high school diploma)
- 2013 — Licence in Computer Science — École normale supérieure de Paris / Université Paris Diderot
- 2016 — Master in Operations Research — Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers
- 2017 — Master in Mathematics — ENS Paris-Saclay
Achievements in competitions
- 2012 — Ranked 3rd in the École Normale Supérieure entrance examination.
- 2013 — Winner of Prologin, a French national programming contest.
- 2014 — Ranked 4th in the Google Paris Hash Code contest.
- 2016 — Ranked 27th in ACM-ICPC SWERC (European programming contest).
- 2017 — Ranked 21st in the agrégation de mathématiques.
Involvement in computer science teaching/outreach
- I wrote (together with Jérémy Ledent) some articles for Tangente, a French math magazine for high schoolers, on
- scientific director of the Prologin contest from 2014 to 2016,
- unofficial secretary in 2015 and 2016.
I used to contribute to ENS’s student newspaper.